Adult eCredit Program
Gary Allan’s Adult eCredit (AEC) Program provides FREE Self-Directed (teacherless) on-line learning to adults 21 years and older (as of December 31st, 2020). The program runs from September until June 20th (or closest school day). Course work and final exam must be submitted by that date. Registration for the current year is closes on the first school day in May.
Adult eCredit Courses can help you:
- Earn credits towards your High School Diploma
- Upgrade skills for the workplace, or apprenticeship
- Get pre-requisites for post-secondary options
- Have access to your course 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on-line
- Courses are self-directed, teacherless learning modules
- Work at your own pace to finish courses in a time frame that suits your schedule
- Marked by HDSB Continuing Education teachers
- Tests and Exams written on-line
- All content is delivered on-line through the Brightspace platform.
- All courses are from the Ontario Secondary School curriculum
A student is permitted to register for 2 Adult eCredit courses plus 1 Adult Class Credit course in either the morning or afternoon (postponed due to Covid-19).
A student is permitted to register for a maximum of 4 Adult eCredit courses at the same time, with no Adult Class Credit courses.
How to Apply
• Collect the following Proof of Identity documents : 1 Proof of Citizenship, 1 Proof of Date of Birth, 2 documents showing Proof of Ontario Residency. See all acceptable documents here. No other documents will be accepted, and the application will not be processed. Please ensure that your attachments/photos are legible prior to submission.
• Save the registration package to your computer and complete in FULL
Download the Registration Package:
Applying to College or University upon completion of credits through this program? Click here to find out how !
To drop a course or request to change to a new course, please log into your account, select the drop/change options, and complete the form.